- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar low-fat tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Brown ground turkey with garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking the turkey up as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir spinach, chives, oregano, parsley, and basil into ground turkey mixture, cook until heated through, and remove from heat.
- Lightly beat egg whites in a bowl and mix ricotta, feta, and Parmesan cheeses into beaten egg whites. Season with black pepper. Stir ground turkey mixture into cheese mixture.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat onto a sheet of waxed paper. Divide filling into 8 equal portions and roll the filling into balls. Place a filling ball on one end of a noodle and roll the pasta up around the filling; repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; place rolls into dish with seam sides down. Pour remaining pasta sauce over rolls and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese topping has melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Lighter Simple Lasagna Roll Ups, recipe