- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the gelatin mix. Stir until dissolved, then stir in 1/2 cup pineapple juice. Refrigerate until thickened but not set, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place crushed pineapple and remaining juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, blend softened cream cheese and lime gelatin until smooth. Mix in the cooled pineapple. In a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in chopped nuts. Pour into a pretty crystal bowl, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
lime gelatin salad, Jell-O® Salad recipe