- 12 red potatoes, unpeeled
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Cut into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- Mix bacon, sour cream, yogurt, Cheddar cheese, chives, ranch dressing mix, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Pour over potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate potato mixture until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Loaded Baked Red Potato Salad, recipe