- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups low fat mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's® Low Fat)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Stir eggs, celery, and peas together in a large bowl. Whisk low fat mayonnaise, yellow mustard, sugar, vinegar, celery seed, and salt in a separate bowl, dissolving the sugar. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir in macaroni until thoroughly coated with dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Lower Fat Amish Macaroni Salad, recipe