- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups grated carrots
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (such as Philadelphia®)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil, eggs, brown sugar, and grated carrots together, in that order, in a bowl.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to oil mixture and stir to combine. Fill 12 cups of a muffin tin with the batter.
- Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes; do not overbake. Cool completely before frosting, about 45 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a bowl; stir until the icing reaches a smooth, thick, and creamy texture. Cover icing with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes, before topping cupcakes.
Luscious Carrot Cupcakes, recipe