- 1 pound bacon
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk, plus more as needed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop. Set aside. Season mahi mahi with garlic salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook mahi mahi until it flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from skillet and place each filet on a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- While the fish is cooking, melt the butter in a separate skillet. Stir in the green onions, garlic, and spinach. Cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chopped bacon, hot pepper sauce, and evaporated milk. Bring to a low simmer, then add the Monterey Jack cheese a little at a time until fully melted. Stir in more evaporated milk, if needed, to create a sauce. Divide the spinach mixture evenly over each mahi mahi fillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
mahi mahi rockefeller, Seafood recipe