- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, or more as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chile pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) packages tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped (stems and leaves separated)
- 1/4 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 mangos, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 pinch chili powder, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, or to taste (optional)
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with coconut oil; warm over medium heat. Add onion, serrano pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add tofu; stir to coat.
- Stir cilantro stems, 1/4 package taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1 teaspoon coriander into tofu mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and tofu is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add mangos and 1/4 package taco seasoning; cook, waiting 3 to 5 minutes before stirring. Add chili powder and salt; stir to coat. Season with more cumin and coriander if desired.
- Simmer tofu-mango mixture until most of liquid has evaporated, about 10 more minutes. Stir in cilantro leaves 1 minute before serving.
Mango Tofu Tacos, recipe