- 3 spears fresh asparagus, cut in half
- 1 serving cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place 1 asparagus half and about 1 teaspoon onion into each of the prepared muffin cups. Pour about 1/4 cup egg mixture into each muffin cup; sprinkle each with Swiss cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittatas are golden and puffed, about 25 minutes. Remove promptly and let cool only a few minutes, as they will deflate, like a souffle.
Maple Asparagus Mini Frittatas, recipe