- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle diced pimento, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cold
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, wine vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.
- Cut the block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares. Repeat with cream cheese. Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. You can arrange in a single long row, or 2 parallel rows depending on the size of your dish. Pour the marinade from the jar over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove slices to a serving platter so they are still arranged in an alternating pattern. Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.
marinated cheese, recipe