- 3 pounds beef top round
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- Freeze beef to make it easier to slice, about 20 minutes. Slice beef against the grain into strips about 1/4-inch thick.
- Whisk soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add beef strips. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, mixing at least twice, 18 to 24 hours.
- Arrange beef strips on dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) until dried, about 8 hours.
Matt's Jerky Recipe, recipe