- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 slice soft bread, blended into crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Mix egg, bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Break ground beef into small pieces and add to the bowl; mix well with your hands until beef is evenly moistened. Shape the beef mixture into four patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in hot skillet until completely browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove to a platter and drain grease from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Stir tomato sauce, green onions, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard together in the skillet. Gently lie the patties into the sauce; bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the patties are very firm, hot, and grey in the center, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Meatloaf Patties, recipe