- 1/2 cup vegetable juice (such as V8®)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley Ranch®)
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the vegetable juice, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, ranch dressing mix, sage, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Gradually sprinkle the bread crumbs into the meat while mixing so the crumbs are distributed evenly throughout; add the egg and milk and continue mixing. Shape the mixture into a loaf and transfer to a loaf pan. Pour about half the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cut the meatloaf into 6 even slices. Pour the remaining sauce over the slices to serve.
Meatloaf with a Ranch Twist, recipe