- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground white or black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain white rice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a square baking dish, or glass pie plate, heat the butter and olive oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add the onion to the dish, and stir to coat. Cook in the microwave for 4 more minutes. Add the uncooked rice, and stir to coat with oil. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pour the simmering chicken broth into the rice, and stir. Cook in the microwave for 9 minutes. Stir, then microwave for another 9 minutes. If you want a creamier risotto, add 1/4 cup of warm water, and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese as soon as it comes out of the microwave, and serve.
Microwave Risotto, recipe