- 2 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup prepared soy-ginger salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fill a large skillet with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Poach fish just until cooked on the outside, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fillets to a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the miso paste, sake, brown sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, water, salad dressing and rice vinegar. Spread this over the tops of the salmon fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until almost cooked through. Switch the oven to broil, and broil until the top is browned and bubbly, about 5 more minutes. Cut fillets into portions to serve.
Miso Salmon, recipe