- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave or double-boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in boiling water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, coffee, and melted chocolate. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix into batter. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Allow to stand 2 to 3 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
mocha chocolate cookies, recipe