- 1 1/2 cups seedless raisins
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 soda crackers, finely crushed
- 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Stir the raisins, apples, orange zest, orange juice, and apple cider together in a pan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, about 20 minutes. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and soda crackers until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use, or pour apple mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with the second crust. Pinch and crimp edges to seal the crusts. Pierce the top crust in several places with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Cool before serving.
Mock Mincemeat Pie, recipe