- 7 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, wheat germ, coconut, sunflower seeds and almonds. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, boiling water, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until evenly coated. Spread in a thin layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven. Stir every 30 minutes, until lightly toasted and fragrant. Granola will crisp up more when cooled.
mom's best granola, Granola recipe