- 6 cups water
- 3 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan, add the rice, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of cooking oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Stir in the eggs and cook until scrambled to desired consistency. Remove eggs from the pan, and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and heat over medium heat. Stir in the onion and green onion; cook until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the salmon, rice, peas, and scrambled eggs, and toss until evenly blended. Cook and stir rice mixture until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mom's Smoked Salmon Fried Rice, recipe