- salt and pepper to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds monkfish fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix the salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and flour. Place the monkfish in the bag, seal, and shake to lightly coat.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the monkfish in the skillet, and cook for about 3 minutes. Mix in the garlic, tomato, and mushrooms, and continue cooking 3 minutes. Mix in the wine and parsley. Continue to cook and stir 2 minutes, or until the monkfish flakes easily with a fork.
monkfish provincial, recipe