- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces finely grated chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place margarine in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, cream for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add sugars and cream for 2 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low for 1 minute. Add oatmeal and mix on low for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until thoroughly blended. Add chocolate and nuts. Mix on low for 30 seconds, just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
Monster Cookies V, recipe