- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put carrots, garlic, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer carrot mixture to a food processor along with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, apricot preserves, lemon juice, sesame oil, coriander, and cayenne. Process until almost smooth.
Moroccan Carrot Dip, recipe