- 1/2 pound ground pork, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, finely chopped
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 2 leaves bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, salt, soy sauce, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, green onions, bean sprouts, egg, bok choy and sherry.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold the wrappers to the center forming a triangle. Gently press together the edges with moistened fingers. Fold in half again lengthwise, then fold back and bring together the corners. Press two corners together.
- In a heavy skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Deep fry each wonton 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Mr. Kirk's Won Tons, recipe