- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place tomato paste, ketchup, sugar in a saucepan. Pour in pineapple juice, white vinegar, lemon juice, and honey into the pan. Add soy sauce, grated ginger, and cayenne pepper. Whisk together thoroughly. Place pan over medium-high heat. As soon as mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, whisking occasionally, until mixture has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; allow to cool about 10 minutes or so. Pour sauce through a fine strainer to eliminate solids.
Mumbo Sauce - D.C.'s Famous Sweet & Sour Sauce, recipe