- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/8 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute green onions briefly until tender; cool slightly.
- Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.
my crab cakes, Spicy recipe