- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and ground chile (see Note) to the onion and stir over low heat. Pour the tomatoes and coconut milk into the skillet; season with salt.
- Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir the shrimp, fresh cilantro, and dried cilantro into the sauce mixture; cook another 1 minute before serving.
ndian Shrimp Curry, recipe