- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Whisk together the ketchup, water, white sugar, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink; drain and discard any excess grease. Stir the beef into the simmering barbeque sauce. Simmer together for 10 minutes. Spoon into the buns to serve.
Nonie's Best BBQ, recipe