- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - thinly sliced and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, halved
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the hot oil-butter mixture until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a separate skillet; cook and stir chicken in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to onion mixture.
- Pour white wine into chicken-onion mixture; bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, and linguine; mix well. Simmer until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Squeeze lemon halves over mixture; toss.
Not Really Chicken Scampi, recipe