- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the orzo, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes into the boiling water in a bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes to plump up. Drain off excess water.
- Toss the cooked orzo, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, olives, parsley, and feta cheese together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Orzo Pasta Salad, recipe