- 1 (12 ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/8 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Soak rice noodles in cold water 30 to 50 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat butter in a wok or large heavy skillet. Saute chicken until browned. Remove, and set aside. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into hot oil, and cook until firm. Stir in chicken, and cook for 5 minutes. Add softened noodles, and vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and red pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Mix while cooking, until noodles are tender. Add bean sprouts, and mix for 3 minutes.
Pad Thai, recipe