- 1 dried chipotle chili pepper
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fill a small bowl with water and submerge chipotle chile pepper in the water until softened and rehydrated, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove chipotle pepper and set aside.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet, and broil until the skins are charred, 13 to 15 minutes. Flip and char the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine charred tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, white onion, jalapeno pepper, chipotle pepper, and lime juice in a food processor; puree until evenly blended.
Paleo-Style Fire Roasted Salsa, recipe