- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground piri piri chile pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Stir together the mayonnaise, onion, tomato, relish, and piri piri in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Season the tilapia fillets on both sides with the seafood seasoning and garlic powder. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the tilapia fillets until they are golden brown on both sides and no longer translucent in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place two slices of pepperjack cheese on top of each fillet, cover the skillet, and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Place each tilapia fillet onto a slice of toasted bread, spread with the reserved sauce, then top with the remaining slices of bread.
pan fried tilapia sandwich, Seafood recipe