- 8 cups uncooked penne pasta
- sea salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups chopped smoked salmon
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water. Add sea salt to taste, and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Drain penne well, and reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Return penne and reserved cup of pasta water to the empty pot and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir smoked salmon, cream cheese, dill, green onions, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper into pasta until cream cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
Pasta with Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill, recipe