- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the fusilli, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes; then stir in the green beans. Cook until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite and the green beans are tender but bright green, about 7 more minutes. Drain the pasta and green beans well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken just until it loses its pink color, about 2 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute; stir the coconut milk and lime juice into the skillet with the chicken. Bring the mixture to a boil; mix in the drained pasta, green beans, and cilantro. Reheat to a simmer.
Pasta with Thai-Style Chicken, recipe