- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chopped pecans, carrot baby food, grated carrots, and coconut. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
pat's award winning carrot cake, recipe