- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package peanut butter cookie mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine peanut butter(including peanut butter from box mix), shortening, oil and water in a large mixing bowl, blend until smooth. Adding one at a time, blend in sugar, brown sugar , eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. When those are combined, add dry mix from boxed cookie mix to flour mixture and stir using a whisk to break up any lumps.
- Combine dry mixture a little at a time into wet mixture and mix well. It may become necessary to finish mixing dough by hand.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls and place a baking sheet leave 2 to 2 1/2 inches between cookies. Cross-hatch dough balls using a fork to flatten to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) about 7 to 10 minutes, until edges start to turn light brown. Remove from oven let stand for 5 minutes and transfer cookies to wire rack.
paydirt peanut butter cookies, recipe