- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, diced, syrup reserved
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place the peaches and syrup in the skillet, and cook 15 minutes, until syrup is reduced by about 1/2 and thickened.
- Place the broccoli and water in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and cook 5 minutes on High in the microwave, or until tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with the peaches. Mix in the broccoli, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until heated through and coated with the syrup. Serve over the cooked rice.
Peachy Broccoli Chicken, recipe