- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey, egg, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture in 2 additions. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm and no longer sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter 2 heavy large baking sheets.
- With hands, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough for each cookie into 1 3/4 inch diameter ball. Arrange cookies on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until puffed, beginning to brown on top and still very soft to touch, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to rack and cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks, recipe