- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups water and rice to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the green onions and garlic until tender. Mix in the chicken and mushrooms, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes. Mix in the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir the cornstarch mixture and peanuts into the skillet and cook for a few minutes over high heat to thicken. Serve over the cooked rice.
Peanut Sesame Chicken with Mushrooms, recipe