- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (4 ounce) packet saltine crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and set on top of a baking sheet.
- Pour flour into a wide bowl.
- Whisk egg whites with water in a separate bowl until foamy.
- Mix saltine crackers, pecans, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper together in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour, dip in egg whites, then coat with cracker mixture. Arrange on the wire rack. Spray chicken tenders lightly with cooking spray; flip and spray the second side.
- Roast in the preheated oven, turning once halfway through, until crisp, 18 to 20 minutes.
Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders, recipe