- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 16 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Combine white vinegar and olive oil in a pot; bring to a boil. Add carrots; simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in jalapenos, garlic, peppercorns, coriander, salt, mustard seeds, and thyme; simmer until jalapenos soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the jalapeno mixture into 2 jars, making sure that the jalapenos are fully submerged in the vinegar mixture. Cool for about 1 hour; cover and refrigerate.
Pickled Garlic and Jalapeno Peppers, recipe