- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until completely mixed.
- Place the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, cucumber, tuna, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and the cooked pasta in a large bowl; pour mayonnaise mixture into the bowl; toss to coat. Serve cold.
Pittsburgh Football Sunday Pasta Salad, recipe