- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large red potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- Wash the chicken and pat dry; place into a large bowl. Season with adobo seasoning, sazon seasoning, and salt. Place the legs into a slow cooker, and cover with the potato slices.
- Puree the red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, wine, cumin, and oregano in a blender. Pour over the chicken and add the bay leaves.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is easily removed from the bone.
Pollo (Chicken) Fricassee from Puerto Rico, recipe