- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 1/2 pounds goat meat, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chile pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in an electric pressure cooker on the "Sear" setting. Add onions; cook and stir until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer onions to a food processor; grind into a paste. Remove to a bowl.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic paste, and ginger paste in the food processor; puree until smooth.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the pressure cooker using the "Sear" setting. Add onion paste; cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato mixture. Add goat meat, water, potato, carrot, garam masala, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, and red chile pepper.
- Close pressure cooker and seal according to manufacturer's instructions. Set the timer for 50 minutes at high pressure. Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions.
Pressure Cooker Goat Curry, recipe