- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (reserve marinade)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup small Cheddar cheese cubes
- 1/2 cup small Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; drain.
- Mix pasta, eggs, artichoke hearts, celery, bell pepper, onion, ham, shrimp, peas, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, pickle, and olive together in a large bowl.
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, ranch dressing mix, mustard, and hot pepper sauce together in a separate bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 3 hours to overnight. Stir enough of the reserved artichoke marinade into the salad so it is just moistened before serving.
Primo Pasta Salad, recipe