- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Maple Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Combine milk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Place egg yolks, white sugar, brown sugar, and water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add butter. Increase speed to medium; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 batches, blending thoroughly after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Stir milk-pumpkin mixture slowly into the mixture until just combined; transfer to a separate bowl.
- Clean and dry out the bowl and beaters. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold 3/4 of the egg white mixture into the pumpkin mixture using a spatula; pour into the remaining egg whites, folding mixture in slowly until batter is smooth but still light and fluffy. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are set and center still jiggles slightly, about 50 minutes. Let cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream, maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 pinch salt together in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over cooled cake.
Pumpkin Magic Cake with Maple Cinnamon Whipped Cream, recipe