- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, half-and-half, parsley, nutmeg, white pepper, salt, and black pepper; cook and stir until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Top pasta with pumpkin sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Pumpkin Pasta, recipe