- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 5 carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let quinoa rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover the saucepan and cool to room temperature.
- Stir quinoa, carrots, currants, mint, parsley, and green onions together in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, agave nectar, cumin, and salt in a jar; seal the jar with a lid and shake vigorously until dressing is well-blended. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 30 minutes.
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad (Gluten-Free), recipe