- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, sauce reserved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir quinoa into onion; saute until toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour broth into quinoa mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer until liquid is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir black beans, tomato, bell pepper, and avocado together in a bowl.
- Blend cilantro, lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon reserved adobo sauce, honey, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a blender until dressing is smooth.
- Pour dressing over black bean mixture; add quinoa and toss to coat.
Quinoa with Chipotle-Lime Dressing, recipe