- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1 (2 pound) rabbit, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 bird's eye chile, seeded and minced
- 1 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup cream of coconut
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the rabbit pieces until browned on the outside. Transfer to a soup pot or large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, green pepper, red pepper and chile pepper to the skillet; cook and stir until onion is transparent. Transfer to the saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper to the saucepan, and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 2 hours. Remove the rabbit pieces with a slotted spoon, and keep warm. Turn the heat up to high under the saucepan, and boil the liquid until it has reduced by half.
- Return the rabbit pieces to the pan, and stir in the coconut milk. Cook, stirring gently, until heated through. Serve.
rabbit stew with coconut cream, Stews recipe