- 8 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (49.5 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 8 cups milk
- In a large saucepan over high heat combine the potatoes, onion, broth, butter or margarine, celery seed, garlic powder, ground black pepper, onion powder and seasoning salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, heat through and serve.
red potato soup, Vegetable Soup recipe